I just had the most fun in a weekend than I've had in a long time. I didn't have to be anywhere and I didn't need to do much--just some work on the new ministry we're starting at church (more on that later). So...I didn't go anywhere, but I did have a blast. After I detailed out the information I needed to for church, I spent most of Saturday and a lot of Sunday afternoon doing what I love--I worked on a drawing for hours...it's almost finished. If I finish it tonight, I'll put a copy of it here for you to see.
I also worked on a new cross stitch project. I'm not sure what it says about me that I love to draw pictures with millions of tiny dots and do crossstitch with thousands of little "x" stitches that eventually turn into something beautiful. What looks monotonous to some, brings me such joy! I feel centered and relaxed--in fact, if I'm not careful, I start to nod off in the middle of a drawing and have several times awakened with a start as my pen hit the paper. Someday I may do serious damage to a drawing, and that's not hard, because the drawings are very precise and just the smallest squiggle out of place is just there, in the middle of an otherwise beautiful picture.
I think about our bodies and the millions of little "x"s and "o"s that God has placed in us. We've been going through the Truth Project video series with our small group, and things like DNA strands, and even smaller parts of our bodies that science has yet to discover are so complex we can't even begin to understand them...but we're often like my pen that hits the paper when I fall asleep and spend our time making marks on the beautiful drawings that God has in progress. However, for us, there is a Master Artist at work, and he can take even the ugliest squiggle in the middle of one of his masterpieces and turn it into something wonderful.
Makes me think...
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Nora,
Your work is incredible! The detail is amazing in your drawings.
Perhaps you could combine your love for drawing and cross stitch together.
My work looks simplistic next to yours, but I would like to invite you to visit my website and download the free design called, "His Name is Jesus". www.joyfulexpressions.us
We used to live in the High Desert - Victorville about 4 years ago. Went to the Calvary Chapel there - know there is one in Diamondbar. We now live in Missouri and really enjoy it here!
Keep being a "Light"!
Sandra
Thanks for reading my blog and checking out my work. The funny thing is, Cross stitch is my 2nd favorite thing to do after drawing. Your designs are beautiful. I'll definitely download the free design.
In Him,
Nora
Post a Comment