+of+web%5B1%5D.jpg)


Today would have been Faith's 4th birthday...but she was born too soon. It was one of the most profound experiences of my life. She was delivered at 19 1/2 weeks, just a few weeks too premature to survive. Tina contracted an infection in her uterus, and her body, in an attempt to rid itself of the infection, decided to get rid of everything, including Faith Avery. There was nothing that could be done to stop the labor, even though the medical staff tried, and Faith lived only a few minutes after she was delivered.
I got to hold her and see her. She was so tiny, as you can see from the photos, but had all of her fingers and toes and was a perfectly formed baby. The nurses had a tiny cap for her and we all got to greet her and then say, "Goodbye."
When I think of all of the millions of babies we have killed by abortion in this country that were even older that she was, I am filled with a profound sadness. I am also amazed that God has not pronounced judgment on us as a nation. We have lost much of the generation who would have been the ages of my now grown children to suit our own convenience, and if we ever come to grips with it, there will be no consolation for us as a people.
I loved Faith even before she was born--we all did. There will never be a February 3rd that I don't think about her, but I know that when she was born, she went to be with her heavenly Father, who loves her more than we ever could.
In the sweet by and by, we shall meet on that beautiful shore
Love, Gramma
No comments:
Post a Comment